The Annapurna Circuit, considered one of the best trekking/hiking trails in the world, is the classic long distance trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The trek is one of contrasts between the green, terraced farmland of the Marshyangdi valley and the semi-arid environs of Lower Mustang. The two areas are separated by the Thorong La River (5416m), from the western side is too strenuous and has too much elevations gain to consider in one day, to reach the sacred site of Muktinath. The temple complex is a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists and the scence of the sunrise on Dhaulagiri is particularly eye-catching.
This is one of the classic and most rewarding treks in Nepal which circles the Annapurna massif, starting at either Bhote Order or Gorkha, west of Kathmandu ending at Pokhara. For the most of the treks we can have close views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and the magnificent Machhapuchre. The high point of the trek entails crossing of the 5416m high Throng Pass, from the arid valley of the upper Manang, home of Tibeto- Buddhists, down to the Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath, and the upper Kali Gandaki valley, the worlds deepest river gorge, before heading down to Pokhara. Besides the mountain views, we encounter on this trek a variety of mountain communities of the Gurung, Manangi and Thakali people.
Drive out from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar early in the morning by bus or jeep and drive to Syange (1100m) by jeep overnight at lodge.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Trek from Syange
Trek from Tal to Bagarchhap (2,160m) and overnight at lodge
Trek from Bagarchhap to Chame (2,630m)
Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,190m) .
Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,535m).
Acclimatization day in Manang.
Trek from Manang to Yak Kharkha or Letdar (4800m).
Trek from Leadar to Thorong high camp (5416m).
Morning climb to Thorong pass (5416m) via Muktinath (3800m).
Trek from Muktinath to Kagbeni (2804m).
Trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom(2743m).
Trek from Jomsom to Nayapul or Pokhara.
Drive or fly back to Kathmandu O/N.
Free Day in Kathmandu
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu to Besisahar to Syange by jeep.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner & tea or coffee during the trek
- Welcome dinners.
- An experienced, English speaking and government licensed trek leader and
- Porter service including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Extra night accommodation excess baggage charge.
- In Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery
- recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, etc.)